Holy Ghost Catholic School, located in the southeastern quadrant of Albuquerque, was founded by parishioners who wished a Catholic education for their children. Established in 1953 by the Archdiocese of Santa Fe, the school currently serves parish and neighborhood families as well as students from the greater metropolitan area. The first teaching sisters,
Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary arrived on August 26, 1953 from Monroe, Michigan. The doors to the school were opened with 160 students in grades first through sixth on September 1, 1953. The familes of the parish felt enormous pride on opening day as their dream of providing a Catholic education for their children was fulfilled.